Gparted missing in installation though present on Live CD

NikTh nickth at openmailbox.org
Tue Aug 13 00:09:12 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-12 22:32, John Hupp wrote:

> Do you know if that is because Gparted has some bugs and is being used
> only for limited purposes, or to keep the installation size smaller,
> or something else?

I don't know for sure, but one reason as you said could be to reduce the
image size, other reason could be that Gparted is an advanced tool (not
for general users) and the power sometimes can be destructive (if you
don't know how to use it).
Also another tool is installed by default, named Disks (or
gnome-disk-utility) ,for simple tasks.

-- NikTh --