AW: Did anyone refile bug for Flash Player shows green/purple in compressed window?

John Hupp lubuntu at prpcompany.com
Wed Aug 7 18:28:32 UTC 2013

Granted that Adobe Flash Player for Linux is being orphaned.

But before the bug was closed, it seemed that it was being treated as a
kernel bug, not a Flash bug, so from that angle there could be a fix.

And I would think that there would be broad desire for a fix, since
there are a lot of these Dell's running XP, which *buntu would like to
replace.  And perhaps many other machines with the same Intel graphics
subject to the bug.

Not only that, but Flash is still in tremendously wide usage, though
HTML5 is gaining ground.  (Last I knew though, Hulu's analysis was that
HTML5 didn't presently support their business model).  So if you're
trying to be a capable general-purpose desktop distro, right now you
need to be able to handle Flash smoothly.