PCManFM bookmarks not being respected by other applications on Lubuntu 13.04

Iberê Fernandes ibere.fernandes at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 04:31:06 UTC 2013

2013/8/5 PCMan <pcman.tw at gmail.com>

> On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 5:29 AM, Iberê Fernandes
> <ibere.fernandes at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi fellows,
> >
> > After digging and digging and trying reaalllly fresh in a VM, I believe
> > there's a bug on PCManFM bookmarks and GTK 3.
> >
> > Details are here:
> >
> http://askubuntu.com/questions/328914/pcmanfm-bookmarks-not-being-respected-by-other-applications
> >
> > Please, I'd ask you to confirm if you see the same problem so I'll open a
> > bug once I believe it's applying to Saucy too.
> >
> > I just tested on another VM using and old saucy ISO, I need to download
> > Alpha 2 or zsync to latest ISO later at home.
> >
> > Thank you in advance,
> > Iberẽ
> >

> Actually, this is the problem of gtk+ 3.0.
> It reads and writes ~/.config/gtk-3.0/bookmarks instead of
> ~/.gtk-bookmarks as in gtk+ 2.
> This is yet another backward incompatibility introduced by gtk+ 3.
> The fastest way to fix this issue is using symlink.
> Then gtk+ 2 and gtk+ 3 can share the same bookmarks file.
> Probably we should do it in pcmanfm, or have it documented somewhere.
>
> Thanks!

PCMan,

Thank you for your kind reply.

I've managed to fix on my machine following your suggestion and added a bug
on Lubuntu Saucy queue so we'll discuss and have it documented:

1)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pcmanfm/+bug/1208681

2)
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/270/builds/50639/testcases/1300/results