Video Problems - Saucy

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 22:14:02 UTC 2013

On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 1:57 AM, Federico Leoni <effelle at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2013/8/2 Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad at gmail.com>:
> >
> > On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 11:29 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad at gmail.com
> >
> > wrote:
> >> BUT ... if it is 360p and it lacks, etc then how is that my CPU is
> capable
> >> of handling 720p if it can't handle 360p nicely? I just don't understand
> >> this.
>
> Because when you watch it online on Narutoget you need to use
> resources for flash too. That's the problem.

Oh, I see. You are right. It is:
Handling 360p Videos + Handling Flash + Handling Firefox (browser) + others
= High CPU Usage.

That will affect the performance on old CPU while for newer, that won't be
a problem.

> > I have another problem.
> > With this machine running Lubuntu 13.10 Saucy, the internet connection is
> > NOT fast eventhough:
> >
> > 1- My internet connection is 1Mbps
> > 2- I'm using  USB Network Adapter and yes, it is N
> >

> > *-network
> >        physical id: 1
> >        bus info: usb at 1:1
> >        logical name: wlan0
> >        serial: 00:1f:1f:a8:e5:21
> >        capabilities: ethernet physical wireless
> >        configuration: broadcast=yes driver=rt2800usb
> > driverversion=3.10.0-6-generic firmware=0.29 ip=10.0.0.50 link=yes
> > multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11bgn
> >
> > It is connected to another N router. Other machines? I'm enjoying the
> high
> > speed. Here? it is maximum 100KB/sec while it should be much more for
> 1Mbps.
> >
> > Having that said, the download of One Ep will last around 30mins and
> this is
> > TOO MUCH!
>
> Are you sure you have just 1mbps (megabits per second)?
> I'm asking you because if so, the speed is in the normal bandwidth:
> 1mbps connection is more less 125KB/sec.
> To make the math think I have a 10mbps here and I can download torrent
> at 1,2MB/sec. Different story if you have 1MBps (Megabytes per second)
> in this case is exatly the connection I have.
>
> http://www.numion.com/calculators/units.html

MY BAD O_o
I forgot the speed that I have :( I really need more rest and less
Computer!!!

I'm sorry, it is 8Mbps. When I moved to this new place, I got higher speed.
I spent many years with 1Mbps so I thought I still have it.

8Mbps means the download should be much more than 100KB/sec. It should be
close to 1MB/Sec.
In my case, that never happened.

By the way, it is not only from narutoget website, even when I update my
system via the terminal.

> > Okay, finally the download is over and:
> http://i40.tinypic.com/2gtw5sh.jpg
> >
> > Everything is fine right now EXCEPT I need to wait 20-30mins just to
> watch
> > one episode which is not good at all.
> > Please, don't tell me to download that on different machine and move the
> > files via USB Drives :D this is NOT a solution ;)
>
> The time depends from the site you are trying to download too.

Yes, I'm aware of this.

> I downloaded ep 323 eng subbed just now and it took 8 minutes for 184MB
> when, in theory, it will need less than 3 minutes with my connection.
> Means with just 1Mbps you need at least 25 minutes.

For some very weird reason, my system is NOT using the 8Mbps, it is using
1Mbps O_o

> Speaking of the video, this episode was encoded at 720p, so your
> answer is yes, you can handle 720p fine if played locally. :)
>
> F.

Yes, ONLY if played locally :D

--
*Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
*Best Regards,