[Lubuntu-qa] make new Lubuntu versions cooperate with Pentium M

Erick Brunzell lbsolost at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 28 10:38:54 UTC 2013

On 04/28/2013 04:51 AM, Jackson Doak wrote:
> since it's a kernel bug, does that mean all flavours will have the fix?

What fix?

This really is a kernel team thing. I beat my brains out on this some
time ago:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/930447/comments/3

Not all of that info is any longer correct because both Xubuntu and
Lubuntu 12.04 shipped the non-pae kernel, but I finally decided it was
best to stick with 12.04 on such machines. Of course Lubuntu 12.04 is
only supported until October 2013, and Xubuntu until April 2015, but I
finally settled on using the 12.04 non-pae mini.iso and then building up
to this:

It's not as resource friendly as Lubuntu but since it uses the Metacity
WM it's almost equal to Xubuntu in performance.

But we'd really need a kernel dev to help us out on this problem.

Lance