Roadmap for Lubuntu

David Thompson dthompson2 at worcester.edu
Tue Apr 30 22:46:50 UTC 2013

On 04/27/2013 09:37 AM, Julien Lavergne wrote:
> The source code is here :
> http://lxde.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=lxde/lxpanel;a=summary
> If you mean the titles on the windows list, it may be in /src /plugins/taskbar.c
> If you can identify the objects which need accessibility support
> (widget name, or just a screenshot with a big red circle :-)), it will
> be easier for the devs to find which need fixing.
>
> Regards,
> Julien Lavergne

Thanks for the CC Fernando.

Julien, when I use Orca with an inaccessible application, I can
typically get Orca to *at least* read the window name. I've never worked
with lxpanel source code before, so I started digging in.
I figured that a good first step would be to modify the source such that
Orca would simply speak "lxpanel" to me, since it currently does not
speak at all when the panel has focus. I tinkered with the source for
awhile and just couldn't get it to work.
I want to try again but I'm looking for direction. I don't have a very
good idea currently of how to achieve my goal since I have little
experience with both lxpanel and GTK.

Thanks,
Dave Thompson