Problems with raring ringtail 13.04

Kjetil brinchmann Halvorsen kjetil1001 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 20:53:08 UTC 2013

see inline below

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 7:17 PM, Alexis López Zubieta
<azubieta at estudiantes.uci.cu> wrote:
> El 19/04/13 08:22, Kjetil brinchmann Halvorsen escribió:
>
>> see inline below.
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 3:56 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Thank you for your reply :)
>>>
>>> I have done exactly the same except I have: desktop-i386 12.10 forced
>>> upgraded to 13.04 so I must re-check and see what is going on.
>>>
>>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/language-selector/+bug/1161953
>>>
>>> We are looking at this bug.
>>>
>>> Keep me updated please, I will be waiting for your reply :)
>>

>> I just did sudo apt-get upgrade & sudo apt-get update
>>

>> The error is still present. When selecting latam (latin-american
>> keyboard, corresponding to my
>> physical keyboard) I get:
>>
>> The two keys right of P:  ` +    (correct)
>>    "+shift                            : ^  *    (first is incorrect)
>>     "+ altGr                         : [  ]    (both incorrect)
>>     "  + shift and altGr       :  °  ¯
>>
>> The two keys right of KLÑ  :  ´  ç  (incorrect)
>>    " + shift                                 ;:  ¨  Ç   (incorrect)
>>    " + altGr                                :  {  }   (incorrect)
>>    "  + shift and altGr               ;:   { ˘
>>
>> The two keys right of 890:   ' ¡  (last incorrect)
>>    "  + shift                            :   ?  ¿ (last incorrect)
>>    "  + altGr                           :  \   ~   (first correct, last
>> maybe not(no symbol printed on key))
>>    "  + shift and altGr           :  ¿  ~
>>

>> Kjetil
>>>
>>> Thank you!

>>> --
>>> Best Regards,
>>> amjjawad
>>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/
>>> Lubuntu One Stop Thread| My Launchpad | My Ubuntu Forum Profile
>>

>> --
>> "If you want a picture of the future - imagine a boot stamping on the
>> human face - forever."
>>
>> George Orwell (1984)
>>
> Take a look at this tool (https://github.com/azubieta/lxkb_config) it may
> fix your problem!

Thanks!

I installed and run this, it seems to have solved the problem. Here is
the terminal output from running the
seesion in a terminal emulator:

kjetil at kjetil-HP-Pavilion-dv4-Notebook-PC:~/lxkb_config/lxkb_config-master$
lxkb_config
DEBUG: Loading xkb rules from "/usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/base.xml"
DEBUG: Loading user preferences with "setxkbmap"
DEBUG: model: pc105
DEBUG: "es is not recognized as a valid layout
DEBUG: Layout: us Variant: intlDEBUG: no" is not a valid layout
DEBUG: Option: grp:ctrl_shift_toggle
DEBUG: Running main window
DEBUG: Setting user preferences with "setxkbmap"
DEBUG: setxkbmap  "no"
DEBUG: Setting user preferences with "setxkbmap"
DEBUG: setxkbmap  -option grp:ctrl_shift_toggle "us(intl),no" -model hpdv5
DEBUG: Setting user preferences with "setxkbmap"
DEBUG: setxkbmap  "latam"
DEBUG: Setting user preferences with "setxkbmap"
DEBUG: setxkbmap  -option grp:ctrl_shift_toggle "us(intl),no,latam" -model hpdv5