Roadmap for Lubuntu

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 04:34:11 UTC 2013

Hi Julien and all the other Lubuntu users,

These are great ideas for the future. I'm looking forward to an LTS
version of Lubuntu. It should continue to run well with most computers,
new, 'middle-aged' and old.

I know there are so many aging computers around, that are still healthy,
and I hope that the software will not abandon them. Lubuntu is
light-weight enough to run well with several kinds of old computers.

- There are many people who really would need to spend their money on
other things than a new computer, when the old one is still working.

- It is also reducing the burden on the environment to run old computers
instead of scrapping them and producing new ones.

Right now I'll put my two cents on 'fake-pae', to make the pae kernels
cooperate with Pentium M CPUs, and I'm ready to help making it part of
Lubuntu (but I don't know enough to do it myself).

Best regards
Nio