Fwd: Problems Updating Lubuntu 12.04, 12.10, and 13.04 on Slow Machines

Sat Apr 20 03:59:42 UTC 2013

Augustine:

I use this machine (the 450 megahertz) and other machines in my test-bed
for testing various systems in MIDI music production.  I also have Mac
and Windows machines for the same purpose.

Because of that, I have a lot of things installed that wouldn't be a
'pure' Lubuntu system.

Java is not included by default is Lubuntu, but is absolutely essential
for running my software I'm testing.  I also use JACK,
Qsynth/Fluidsynth, and PulseAudio (for the Java Sound Synthesizer).

If it is useful to know what packages were installed, I have an
automated install, so I can name all of the installed packages, but not
their dependencies.  I install the full list of UbuntuStudio plug-ins.

- Aere

--
Sincerely,
Aere