Problems Updating Lubuntu 12.04, 12.10, and 13.04 on Slow Machines

Sat Apr 13 18:39:10 UTC 2013

On 04/13/2013 12:19 PM, Ioannis Vranos wrote:
> I always use:
>
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
>
> at the command line.
>

> "dist-upgrade" is equivalent to "upgrade" + it removes obsolete packages.
>
> When upgrade gets back at the command prompt, the upgrade process has
> finished (reasonably).
Ioannis:

So just to make sure (pardon my lack of knowledge here), "apt-get
dist-upgrade" has nothing to do with upgrading to a new level (such as
13.04, when it becomes available)?  It needs to be used in the normal
process of applying updates?