Before buying a new hardware, read this story :)

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 10:03:21 UTC 2013

> My wife needed a new printer. I went in to PC World intending to get an HP
> Deskjet 2510 all-in-one printer. The Nottingham branch of PC World doesn't
> stock it, and showed me instead an Advent Touch Print printer as this was
> the same low price - ?30.
>
> I'm really pleased with everything except the lack of help with Linux.
> PC World completely stonewall questions about Linux, and the Kodak
> website is less than helpful. After a lot of research on the internet, I
have got
> the printer up and running OK and as I say, I am pleased with it.

*==== Someone replied him:
*
That sounds like a perfect example of why manufactures and vendors don't
provide better support for linux. They basically tell us up front that they
don't support linux, then people go ahead and give them their money
regardless.

Whenever I'm looking at buying hardware, I check for linux compatibility
first. I'll often also email manufacturers directly to let them know I am
about to make a purchase and ask if they support linux, just to raise
awareness that they may be loosing sales.

I appreciate the debugging info to get it working, however we'd be better
off in the long term if we used our money to support those who do provide
(at least some level of) linux support.

--
*Best Regards,
amjjawad*