13.04 Beta 2 Printers

Blaine williams blaine00 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 13:16:26 UTC 2013

Hello everyone! This is my first submission, so if this is the wrong place
for this or if I'm doing it wrong, feel free to correct me! =)

I've installed Beta 2 on my main computer at home and I tried to set up my
printer this morning. The printer application (system-config-printer)
displays a message about the printer service not being installed. I figured
there was just something I needed to install, but when using my Beta 1
installation from work, the printer application just works out the box.

So, either something is wrong with my installation, or something has
changed between beta 1 and beta 2 that breaks the "out of the box" printing
experience. I've fully updated my beta 1 installation and the printer
application still works fine so it looks like the problem deals with the
original installation.

Can anyone confirm this issue with Beta 2? Should I submit a bug report?

Thanks! Much love for the Lubuntu team and their fine work!

Blaine Williams