[Lubuntu-qa] Beta 2 is released

Sun Apr 7 04:05:16 UTC 2013

On 04/06/2013 05:11 PM, ∅ wrote:

> I pretty much run "lubuntu studio" so would be happy to help if you
> give specifics.
>
> wxl
>
> On Apr 6, 2013 4:05 PM, "Aere Greenway" <Aere at dvorak-keyboards.com
> <mailto:Aere at dvorak-keyboards.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 04/06/2013 04:16 PM, ∅ wrote:
>
>         What's the problems with qjackctl? Logs please.
>
>     I figured where qjackctl isn't one of the core (required -
>     installed by default) components, I would have to address that
>     problem with the people supporting JACK/qjackctl.
>
>     I don't yet know what the problem is.  It won't successfully
>     initialize, which used to be common, but now is rare.
>
>     --
>     Sincerely,
>     Aere

wxl:

The problem I ran into with qjackctl was from my lack of care in
configuring it.

It works perfectly, now that I fixed my bad configuration.  It seems
rock-solid and reliable.

And (finally) the 1.1.6 version of Fluidsynth (Qsynth) is available with
13.04, so I don't have to apply a PPA fix to libfluidsynth1. That
version also doesn't hang the system if there isn't enough memory for
its soundfont(s).

I really like 13.04, for that reason alone.

I put it through some pretty challenging tests, and Qsynth came through
without cutting out (underruns).

So my minimum system is still viable for running MIDI, if only we can
sort-out the software-updater problem.

--
Sincerely,
Aere