[Lubuntu-qa] Fwd: Help - Beta2 installation Failed

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 19:02:48 UTC 2013

Hi Ali

I don't understand your problem making install USB drives. Please explain!

I've done some testing of the lubuntu raring beta2 desktop 32-bit iso
(and reported it to the qa tracker).

I have made a CD with k3b, a live USB cloned with dd, and
live/persistent live USB drives with usb-creator-gtk of precise (the
raring version is broken) and with unetbootin.

I confirmed the bugs found by urupica and found an own 'minibug', but I
don't know how to report it, because it happens after apport is shut off.
-----
Booted from CD and USB cloned directly from the iso file:

At shutdown the plymouth dots keep running until I press Enter. There
used to be a line with something like 'Remove install media and press
Enter'. but it is gone. This is only a minibug, but might confuse some
people.

The only difference is that the disk is ejected, while the USB pendrive
sits there waiting for you. In both cases the plymouth dots continue.

Booted from USB created by usb-creator-gtk and unetbootin the computer
shutdown and rebooted properly. So the minibug only appears on cloned
systems (the computer is waiting for Enter without indicating it).
-----
Best regards
Nio