Beta 2 is released

Phill Whiteside PhillW at Ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 5 21:09:05 UTC 2013

Hi Keith,

the pre-installed version is for arm chips, specifically for the ac100
machines that can only hold 512Mb of RAM. They asked last cycle if we would
permit them to have a lubuntu release, as installing ubuntu leaves little
spare RAM for applications. It is them who look after it. None of us on QA
/ Testing in lubuntu have such a machine, so it is for them to fix bugs
etc. The last comment I had from ogra (one of the people who look after
ac100) was that lubuntu 13.04 looks and behaves fantastically on that
machine :)

Regards,

Phill.