Lubuntu System Requirement

Phill Whiteside phillw at vpolink.com
Fri Apr 5 16:33:47 UTC 2013

All the light distros switched to chromium because it was far lighter than
FFox. FFox has been put on a crash diet and had a lot of bloat taken out of
it. Currently it is better at handling low RAM instances and may well be
the default for 13.10, but the diet happened too late for it to be in
13.04. The discussion on what will be in 13.10 occurs shortly after 13.04
is released and is when people can suggest changing the default
applications that lubuntu ships with. (They do have to be in the ubuntu
repository to be allowed, which is why xombrero is in the official
'unofficial' ppa :) ).

Regards,

Phill.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw