Lubuntu System Requirement

Barry Titterton titterton.barry at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 14:33:53 UTC 2013

On 04/04/13 11:32, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
> Yeah, I know but that would be changed, hopefully soon as we are
> trying to re-design and re-write our Wiki Area but of course not the
> whole thing, only the areas that need changes and this is one of them.
> Because 700MB is NOT the minimum requirement for Lubuntu. The one who
> edited that was trying to put that in a range.
>
> For me, in order not to be so extreme, I would say 512MB but if truth
> to be told, Lubuntu CAN be installed and it will work on less.
> However, performance will vary.
>
> No my friend, it is not about being guru or not. I'm no expert but I
> have done tons of tests in the past because I like to do everything
> myself to understand better.
>
> We are all learning here after all. NO one is expert IMHO :D
> I learn from you, you learn from me, we both learn from others, etc.
>
> I'm sure you have seen my other email about the Kernel and Linux. The
> system requirements will be changed according to the Kernel used on a
> specific release. For example, the system requirement for Lubuntu
> 10.04 is not the same as 12.04 :)
>
> Thank you!

Hi Ali,

My experience of Lubuntu is on a friend’s Toshiba with 256Mb RAM. The
machine ran OK except for Chrome which repeatedly crashed while
complaining of a lack of available memory. I therefore invested £10 in
another 512 of memory. The machine is now very fast and Chrome is much
happier.

Barry T