[LTS] - To Be Or Not To Be :)

Ho Wan Chan smartboyhw at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 11:17:36 UTC 2013

Technically there is a much better reason of Lubuntu 12.04 not being an
official LTS.

According to the procedure for flavour approval (which was set up for
Lubuntu and for the flavours after it), one flavour is supposed to only get
LTS status after doing two releases and being approved by the Ubuntu
Technical Board. Since Lubuntu is approved at the 11.10 cycle, it would not
get LTS for 12.04 after all even with enough manpower.

However I think that Lubuntu is ready for making 14.04 an LTS now, you guys
got enough manpower. Just apply to the Technical Board :)

Regards,
Howard Chan (smartboyhw)