Ubuntu desktop image (was Re: Lubuntu PPC Boot Issue)

Lars Noodén lars.nooden at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 10:59:18 UTC 2013

On 4/3/13 8:37 PM, Phill Whiteside wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if you do get time, can you guys have a look at ubuntu desktop PPC. They'll
> release it if tested okay.
>
> 18:31:22) infinity: I have no problems with releasing the PPC desktop image
> if it gets tested.
> (18:31:54) infinity: phillw: If they have the spare cycles to give it a
> boot/install/reboot smoketest, that would be lovely.
> (18:32:03) infinity: phillw: If they don't, I won't complain.
>
> Regards,
>
> Phill.

I took a look at the Ubuntu Desktop image.  I could not get it to
produce a useful installer environment.  Without
snd-powermac.blacklist=yes" bug 1066435 occurs.  Without
"video=radeonfb:1280x854-32 at 60" no usable graphics occur, but it is
apparent through the mess that some dialog has been reached.  With
video=... the boot process rolls along until a black screen occurs and
then it stays stuck there.

/Lars