Catfish search result: Fatal error, search was aborted

PCMan pcman.tw at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 19:44:42 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 8:35 AM, John Hupp <lubuntu at prpcompany.com> wrote:
> I have now filed a bug report on this problem, which seems like an
> error-handling issue.  See
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/catfish-search/+bug/1048729.
>
> On 9/10/2012 12:43 PM, John Hupp wrote:
>
> OK, that was premature.
>
> As long as Catfish finds a result, there is no error.  And if you search in
> the home directory and find no result, Catfish yields the result "No files
> were found."  But if you search (find or locate) outside the home directory
> and Catfish finds no result, it instead reports "Fatal error, search was
> aborted."
>
> On 9/9/2012 9:08 PM, John Hupp wrote:
>
> After one quick test with Catfish doing a find search, it looks like 0.4.0.1
> may solve the problem.  More on this tomorrow.
>
> So thanks, Karl, for the critical bit of information.
>
> On 9/8/2012 9:42 PM, Karl Anliot wrote:
>
> On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 2:10 PM, John Hupp <lubuntu at prpcompany.com> wrote:
>
> I'm running Catfish 0.3.2-2ubuntu1, which Synaptic also says is the latest
> version.
>
> Are you running the same version in 12.10?
>
>   Installed: 0.4.0.1-0ubuntu1
> https://launchpad.net/catfish-search/0.4/0.4.0.1/+download/catfish-search-0.4.0.1.tar.bz2
>
> just grab that file and extract it with file-roller
> should be easy to run and test.
>
> exactly what errors can do you get?
>
> BTW, i found this awesome bash script, it's like pastebinit, but for images
> http://argandgahandapandpa.wordpress.com/2010/11/08/command-line-script-to-upload-images-to-imagebin/

While people here having discussions about catfish, it should be
mentioned that pcmanfm now has built-in search support.
Andriy and I did some hard work to recently to make it happen.
Of course, it's still in git, experimental, and is not yet available
as a tarball release.
Developers are encouraged to test the latest source code in git of
pcmanfm/libfm.
I think in the future we don't need catfish since PCManFM/LXDE itself
provides basic file searching utility.

Thanks