Lubuntu 12.10 Beta 2 - Evince in two categories

Ajax Fiore ajaxfiore at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 17:52:01 UTC 2012

I have just downloaded and installed Lubuntu 12.10 Beta 2 and I have to
say, I'm very impressed. However there's this little thing that is
bothering me:
In the menu there are two instances of "Document Viewer" (i.e. Evince),
one under the "Office" category and the other under the "Graphics"
category. While looking at /usr/share/applications/evince.desktop I
found the following:
Categories=GNOME;GTK;Office;Viewer;Graphics;VectorGraphics;
I believe this is incorrect, as I would intuitively associate the
"Graphics" category with graphics editors such as GIMP and Inkscape, not
with document viewers. A document viewer would most likely belong in the
"Office" category.
I'm not sure if this is technically a bug as I new to this whole
community thing, although I've been playing around with Linux distros
for a year now.
--
Ajax Fiore