[Lubuntu] XFCE Power Manager conflicts with Apcupsd?

John Hupp lubuntu at prpcompany.com
Fri Sep 28 17:13:20 UTC 2012

Exploring this some more, I find that XFCE Power Manager just has 0.0
for all the properties it monitors for an APC Back-UPS ES 350.  And this
is the case whether apcupsd is installed or not.

So XPM is perhaps not communicating properly with whatever backend it
uses to get information about the UPS, or the backend is not monitoring
the UPS effectively.

Does anyone know what XPM uses for its UPS backend?  Can it be
configured to use apcupsd as its backend?  I seems that apcupsd is
generating correct values for the various UPS properties.

I'll look next at putting these questions to someone at xfce.org, but
does anyone here know enough to make further progress on resolving these
problems?