[Lubuntu] Recoll not a good fit as a replacement for Catfish (or LXFind)

John Hupp lubuntu at prpcompany.com
Thu Sep 13 17:46:09 UTC 2012

Thanks for the gnome-search-tool recommendation.

Reading elsewhere, it seems that it was the default search tool in
Ubuntu until very recently.  As such I imagine that it is well tested.

I read also that, like Catfish and others, it is a front-end for find
and locate.

And in fact, in my own quick test, it did not generate "Fatal error,
search was aborted" when no files were found in a search on the root
directory.  So it's error-handling succeeds in at least one case where
Catfish's fails.

It seems like a very good choice for Lubuntu.