It is convenient to install Lubuntu 12.10 Beta or Lubuntu 12.04 if I have to do it now?

Sandor Ortegon sandortegon at myopera.com
Sat Sep 8 23:20:05 UTC 2012

Hello,

I am facing the situation I have to reinstall Lubuntu again in my computer.
And the problem is that I have to do it very soon.

Several people install Lubuntu 12.10 for testing purposes, but in my case,
it is for daily use. So far, I have used Lubuntu 12.04 and I know that some
big changes in this new Lubuntu interest me, like having PCManFM 1.0,
Texlive 2012, GTK+ 3.5 (or 3.6, anu way, bigger than 3.4) and Libpoppler
0.20. And I have seen improvements in artwork that as far as I understand
would be developed for 12.10 and not for 12.04 ... among other things.

So, I thought that if I have to reinstall Lubuntu, why not installing 12.10
despite being a Beta version? But I am not sure how stable it is right now
and also importantly, I don't know if I should reinstall again when
official Lubuntu 12.10 comes out.

I will be grateful for your attention; I have never installed a beta
version of an OS before, so I am not sure what to do.

Best regards