Catfish search result: Fatal error, search was aborted

John Hupp lubuntu at prpcompany.com
Sat Sep 8 00:42:38 UTC 2012

In the Lubuntu documentation, Catfish is the currently recommended GUI
search tool.

But after installing it, on my very first search attempt (looking for
boot-repair, with search starting in the root), it generated the result
error "Fatal error, search was aborted."

It does this when using either the Find or Locate backend.  In testing
to date, it seems to display this error in the results pane whenever it
cannot find a match.

Playing around with Find directly (I'm still a newbie), when it cannot
find a match, it simply shows no result.  So on the face of it, this
would seem to be a bug with the current version.

I can't be only one to have noticed this.  Is there a solution?