I say its time to dump lubuntu software center for deepin software center

Julien Lavergne gilir at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 30 13:47:45 UTC 2012

Le 30/10/2012 14:31, Yorvyk a écrit :
> So between Deepin-SC and LSC, on Lubuntu, which would I prefer.
> Neither. In their current state they cannot replace Synaptic.
It's currently not planned to remove synaptics. Don't worry about it :-)

About Software-center, I remember the old gnome-app-install program from
early Ubuntu releases. A very simple UI to easily install programs by
name, and not by package name. It's something I usually show to people,
and scared them less than Synaptics :-)

I still think users should install package by searching by the name,
with a nice UI (providing description, icons ...). Synatics is not for
"common" users. However, the current LSC is not perfect, but I still
strongly think that the idea of the software-center is best way to go.
We just need to implement it properly :-)

Regards,
Julien Lavergne