no accents in GTK2 apps

UH uhtlmk at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 28 08:53:54 UTC 2012

I know, and i tried. But as i said, with no effect. And, if you have a
look at that Debian thread, you'll see it seems to be a problem for
many. As far as i remember back, when ubuntu still officially
supported ppc in Gnome you could set the keyboard prefs effectively.

For what i did, as a result, i've the keyboard 3rd level chooser
included working. But i lost the ctr-alt-f1 thru f7 (consoles and
back). I asked for in the german ubuntu forums and someone kindly
guided me at least to the point i could establish the consoles indeed
were there, it's only missing the shortcut to access them.

Now, it's far far above my capabilities to deal (and customize) a
keyboard layout and put  my soul in peace with that situation, happy i
could type in what i wanted and with the keys being there where they
are expected to be.

PS. For the i386 and the amd64, the german keyb works out of the box
(although on the amd64 i've problems with some fn-key combinations
(fn-f6 thru fn-f8, sound related, do not work; fn-f11 (fan control)
and fn-f12 (wireless on/off) became working only by installation of
samsung-tools).