Should lxde and Lubuntu finally change from the lxpanel to the xfce4-panel ?

Wed Oct 24 03:40:55 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-10-23 at 23:11 -0400, Mr Wislr wrote:
> should Lubuntu or lxde finally think about switching to the
> xfce4-panel  ?  there are so many more plugins for that panel and to my
> surprise the memory usage is about the same as the lxpanel.. and when i
> say about i mean identical... so why is the time spent on developing a
> new panel when xfce4-panel be a great replacement.

Mr Wislr:

>From my point of view, I agree with you.

The reason is, there are CPU/Memory/Network monitors for the xfce panel,
which provide better information than the corresponding ones for lxde.

I can get by with the lxde panel, but I like the versions for xfce
better, and would like to use them, but can't.

Just my opinion.

Sincerely,
Aere