Pcmanfm will not launch

James Holland icarus at singedwings.plus.com
Tue Oct 23 21:57:28 UTC 2012

I don’t think I am the first person with this problem, I have hunted around
for a solution but had no luck finding an answer. I am using lubuntu 12.10
fully updated. pcmanfm will not launch from the shortcut in the menu. Using
the terminal I have also tried,‘pcmanfm %U’ – no response. ‘pcmanfm %s’
returns ‘no such file or directory’. ‘pcmanfm --desktop --profile=LXDE’
suggested on ubuntu’s forums, also no response.

Only ‘pcmanfm /home/username’ successfully launches. I have five computers
doing this now, three were upgraded and two were fresh installs.
Thx.