[wishlist] video thumbnails

Julien Lavergne gilir at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 23 20:15:34 UTC 2012

Le 23/10/2012 02:03, ∅ a écrit :
> we were asked for wishlists and applications and such for the next release [1] and a little discussion on the facebook group revealed that we can add video thumbnails without much effort. for one, we need to add the package ffmpegthumbnailer [2] which appears to be relatively lightweight. then adapting the suggestion from this ubuntu-based blog [3] we copy a "totem.thumbnailer" file [4] to /usr/share/thumbnailers. log out (or restart pcmanfm if you know what you're doing; i just did "killall pcmanfm && nohup pcmanfm --desktop --profile lubuntu &> /dev/null &") and you've got thumbnails. i should add there's a wishlist bug for this already [5].
It's already fixed upstream in 2.0.8 version of ffmpegthumbnailer (see
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ffmpegthumbnailer/+bug/859652
for more details).
I already planned to include it if the above bug was going to be fixed
(and also for the same reasons you mention). It should be ok for 13.04,
so I'll add it by default for the next update of the seed.

Regards,
Julien Lavergne