12.10 out, time to prepare 13.04

紳癒礁湖 (Rafael Laguna) rafaellaguna at ubuntu.com
Sun Oct 21 11:29:57 UTC 2012

目 Sat, 20 Oct 2012 19:07:44 +0200, Julien Lavergne <gilir at ubuntu.com> 書いた:

> Hi,
>
> A big thanks to all the people involved in the 12.10 release. It's
> another success for us :-) Of course, it's not perfect, of course people
> will complain ... but well, let's just enjoy the work we did. From the
> testers to the translators, from the wiki masters to the people who talk
> about it, from the devs (LXDE, Ubuntu etc ...) to the wizards who done
> the artwork ... everyone deserve this :-)
>
> Unfortunately, after each release, another one is coming :-) In less
> than 2 weeks, UDS [1] will be at Copenhagen, to discuss 13.04 release. I
> already planned a session about Lubuntu, you can find the information on
> the blueprint [2]. Like last time, there is a section for open
> discussion, feel free to use it. As usual, if you want to discuss
> applications by default, or any major improvements, feel free to open a
> topic on the mailing list. My first task will be to set-up a strict
> schedule, which will most likely stop the discussions about default
> applications 1 or 2 weeks after UDS. Don't be surprised.
>
> Also, remember than everyones working on Lubuntu do it on their free
> time, no one is paid for this. So, we work on things we like, things we
> want and things we can do. That mean, even if a lot of people want a
> feature, it may not happen. It only may encourage us, because we know
> people are waiting for this, and it may be useful for them. If you
> really want something, the best option is to try yourself (it's open
> source after all ;-))
>
> But, for this week-end, it's time to enjoy and to rest a bit. And time
> to go to a release party ;-)
>
> Regards,
> Julien Lavergne, a tired but proud boss
>
> [1] : http://uds.ubuntu.com/
> [2] :
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/community-r-lubuntu-work-items

I would like to thank Julie and Kate for their comprehension abuot the artwork issues. They solved great and understod Alex and me to include in the final release the fixes we were working on. I know working with several teams and so diferent people can be difficult, but you always can handle it.

Of course, in the name of the Artwork Team, I'd like to thank all the people for their advices and critics, good and bad ones, because they made possible the way Lubuntu looks now, as well as to QA Team and all the testers from the community.

And a special mention to Alexander, a great interface designer and... the best partner in my team! (I know, we're only two) :D

Cheers!

--
紳癒礁湖 (Rafael Laguna)
Lubuntu Artwork Team