How to move from xubuntu to lubuntu?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Thu Oct 11 12:35:06 UTC 2012

Having put Lubuntu 12.04 on my little Acer Aspire netbook (and got it
working properly) I'm now considering changing my desktop machine from
xubuntu to lubuntu.

What are the possible ways I can do this?  I have quite a lot of
customisation and added applications on my desktop machine and I don't
really want to have to redo/reinstall all of these.

Can I just install lubuntu-desktop and get offered lubuntu when I log
in?  Will this give me the 'lightweightness' of lubuntu?  I don't really
care about disk space as I seem to have lots of that to spare but low
resource usage would be good.

--
Chris Green