[PPC] need help to get 12.10 release!

carsrcoffins23 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 17:32:32 UTC 2012

I said this before but I'll say it again with a different emphasis:
If we are to have a 12.10 PPC release, we *MUST* update the wiki pages to make it easy for folks.

I had previously suggested we use the main PPC FAQ [1] however it has become clear the Lubuntu is paving the way for PPC. That being said, PPC users are more likely to install Lubuntu and thus we really need our own FAQ, which we now have [2]. There's not much there but there should be more.

What we need is relevant pieces (I point out the video=radeonfb:1024x768-32 at 60 yaboot setting that is useful for Radeon users) taken from the PPC FAQ and published here, with links to the PPC FAQ for more information. The main PPC FAQ is a wonderful resource and full of great information, but it is pretty overwhelming. We need to sort of dumb things down, if you will, and get straight to the point.

We also need to have at least one link to the release notes [3] and that page will need to be updated with, e.g. known issues. Maybe we need a PPC section.

I'd do this all myself but I have limited time lately, and so I kindly ask your help. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. Thanks!!!

wxl

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PowerPCFAQ
[2] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/Documentation/FAQ/PPC
[3] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QuantalQuetzal/ReleaseNotes/Lubuntu