Preferred applications ignored in LXDE

carsrcoffins23 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 17:22:12 UTC 2012

On Tue, 9 Oct 2012 18:48:14 +0300 (EEST)
Lars Nooden <lars.nooden at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Oct 2012, Martin Bagge / brother wrote:

> ~$ update-alternatives --display x-www-browser
> Interesting.  update-alternatives --display x-www-browser shows different
> values than LXDE Menu->Preferences->Preferred Applications.

This is why I think we need a bug report, unless someone wants to tell me why this is appropriate behavior.

> > to change it do
> > update-alternatives --config x-www-browser

This did work on my 12.10 system (actually, the installation of xxxterm naturally set it to default, which should be the case) but on my 12.04 system, xxxterm is not one of the options.

wxl