Can tooltips appear for program names when mousing over desktop shortcuts of any item name?

Lee Gold leegold at operamail.com
Fri Nov 9 23:44:29 UTC 2012

Hi,

Sometimes a by default truncated name for a program in a desktop
launcher/shortcut is very long and as I mouse over it I'm use to seeing
a tooltip expanding the full name. I think there are also other cases
when many items are shown in lists/managers and a tooltip expands out
the name and might give metadata info about the item. If you know what
I'm trying to get at...is there a way to activate this enhancement in
Lubuntu?

Thanks