Fwd: Fwd: Chromium Updates

Phill Whiteside PhillW at Ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 6 16:30:50 UTC 2012

Hi Folks,

pretty much 'Hot off the press', excellent news!

Regards,

Phill.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chad MILLER <chad.miller at canonical.com>
Date: 6 November 2012 15:58
Subject: Re: Fwd: Chromium Updates
To: Micah Gersten <micahg at ubuntu.com>
Cc: julien lavergne <gilir at ubuntu.com>, lubuntu-qa at lists.launchpad.net,
phill whiteside <phillw at vpolink.com>

> From:         Phill Whiteside <phillw at vpolink.com>
> To:   micahg at ubuntu.com
> CC:   Julien Lavergne <gilir at ubuntu.com>, lubuntu-qa at lists.launchpad.net
>
> Hi,
>
> it is apparent that the SRU / Updates of Chromium have stalled. This
> does directly affect Lubuntu as we ship it as default.

Hi Phill, Julien, others.

I'm glad you're interested in chromium-browser.  With desktop web-apps
becoming more popular, chromium-browser is becoming more important for
everyone.  It is now a major responsibility of mine to maintain it.  I
hope to get official PPAs running in the next few weeks for all
supported releases of Ubuntu (L,O,P,Q), with Stable channel first,
perhaps even within 7 days, and beta and dev soon thereafter.

I hope this is soon enough to satisfy you.

- Chad Miller
Canonical

--
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw