No wired internet after reboot

Kadrija Hrlovic kalehrl at gmail.com
Sat May 19 09:04:09 UTC 2012

Since I upgraded my Lubuntu to 12.04, I've been having this problem which
is driving me crazy.
First of all, I don't use network manager and I uninstalled it a long time
ago.
I edited my /etc/network/interfaces and /etc/resolv.conf with my data and
everything worked fine until I upgraded to Precise.
Whenever I reboot my laptop, I don't have internet access.
When I check resolv.conf, it is empty.
I also see the line 'DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE
OVERWRITTEN' and the file itself is a symlink.
When I edit the file and restart network, all works fine until the next
reboot.
Could somebody please tell me where is the real file to which
/etc/resolv.conf links?
I guess by editing this file I won't have such problems in the future.
Thank you