Change in the governance

Julien Lavergne gilir at ubuntu.com
Tue May 15 00:39:37 UTC 2012

Hi everyones,

>From now on, I'm stopping any governance activity on Lubuntu. I'll still
continue to maintain LXDE on Ubuntu with my MOTU hat, to not abandoned
the users we have. But I'll not deal anymore with any community
activity, communication, wiki, IRC or any non-packaging & coding
activity for Lubuntu.

This is something I was thinking for several months now, the decision to
set up the sub-teams was the first step in this direction. I felt guilty
to stop at this time, and try to organize as much as I can before
stepping back. The recent events demonstrate a failure in this goal, and
I have now any reasons to stay in this situation.

I originally contributed to Lubuntu as a system, to learn about it, and
to technically improve it. I didn't sign to deal with ego and feeling of
people, and to spend hours to deal with no-technical problems and fight
between people.

Lubuntu may survive as a system, since people rely on it, and I care
enough to not abandon them. Lubuntu may not survive as a community, as
it demonstrates an incredible ability to torn apart itself. So be it. It
don't have enough willpower to maintain it anymore. Someone else would
maybe have it, and will build something else.

I'm still happy with the result we achieved since the past 2 years, we
can't erase it. Life goes on, just a little different for now.

Regards,
Julien Lavergne