new user

Michael Basse ubuntu at alpha-unix.de
Wed May 9 08:26:44 UTC 2012

Am 09.05.2012 04:27, schrieb Corbin Davenport:
> After my Ubuntu 12.04 installation became corrupt on my Asus Eee PC 1001PXD, I
> installed Lubuntu 12.04. And I must say, you guys did an excellent job. I wasn't
> a fan of the default mail client so I installed Thunderbird. I also installed
> Wine to play Half-Life and Quake (want to know how? I made a blog post
> <http://corbindavenport.blogspot.com/2012/05/installing-quake-on-ubuntu-winquake.html>
> with instructions!).

Hi Corbin,
just an information. You can play Quake directly on Linux without wine.
There is a linux-version. If i am correct you have to download an
installer from id-software and then copy specific files from the cd on
your hdd.

Other native linux-games are

Quake 1+2+3+4
Doom 1+2+3
Unreal Tournament 99+2003+2004

So you dont have to "fight" with wine but i guess quake is also running
fine in wine :)

Kind regards

Michael