Default images viewer for 12.10

Yao Wei medicalwei at gmail.com
Sun May 6 00:52:48 UTC 2012

The gtk3 port of gtkimageview (used by evolution) is in the upstream but I
don't know if it has been released yet.

And, viewnior uses a heavily-modified gtkimageview, which introduces the
problem to package to debian a duplicated library.

Yao Wei

PCMan <pcman.tw at gmail.com> 於 2012/5/6 上午8:33 寫道:

Viewnior , of course.  ._./
It's nearly perfect.
The only remaining defect is, there is no gtk3 port.
The library it uses does not have gtk3 port, either.
I know there is a premature one inside evolution project.
However, it's not officially adopted and it's not complete yet.
It's not known when will it be fully gtk3 ready.
Maybe we can drop a mail to its author and tell him that it will be used in
lubuntu and ask for his plan?
Thanks.
On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 3:23 AM, Lars Noodén <lars.nooden at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/5/12 10:19 PM, Jarno Suni wrote:
> > On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 10:06 PM, Lars Noodén <lars.nooden at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> The description of Viewnior looks promising:
> >> http://xsisqox.github.com/Viewnior/about.html
> >>
> >> It is written in C and covered by the GPL3.
> >> The feature set looks simple but useful.
> >
> > It does not allow you to view EXIF data (at least not yet).
>
> It's on the way, but with no projected time of arrival.
>
> How important is EXIF data in a simple image viewer?
>
> Regards,
> /Lars

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: