Lubuntu 12.04 and authorizations

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Thu May 3 15:19:20 UTC 2012

> Now I notice that I have to give my root password to connect to a wifi
> network. Do I have to report an other bug ? Are theese two issues related ?

There you go:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/964705

Theese problems appeared only with my recent installation. They didn't
> exist on my test installation which was installed 3 months ago.

For me, the network issue happened on my Lubuntu 12.04 Beta 2 installation
(testing stage) and even now on the stable one and the upgraded
installation too. 3 different installation, 3 different versions, same
issue.

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 3:30 PM, Pierre Gobin <pierre.gobin at sfr.fr> wrote:

> A few days ago, I reported a bug about the fact that my root password was
> needed to mount partitions : https://bugs.launchpad.net/**
> ubuntu/+source/pcmanfm/+bug/**992666<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pcmanfm/+bug/992666>
>
> Now I notice that I have to give my root password to connect to a wifi
> network. Do I have to report an other bug ? Are theese two issues related ?
>
> Theese problems appeared only with my recent installation. They didn't
> exist on my test installation which was installed 3 months ago.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pierre Gobin

*Best Regards,
amjjawad*
Lubuntu Support Team Co-ordinator
Lubuntu Communication Team Administrator
Lubuntu One Stop Thread <http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1844755>
My Wiki Page <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad> | My
Launchpad<https://launchpad.net/%7Eamjjawad>| My
Ubuntu Forum Profile <http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=941822>