UI polishing

Alexander Andjelkovic andjelkovic at gmail.com
Thu May 3 08:01:30 UTC 2012

> 1 - The Pangolin gtk and openbox theme is a good starting point, i think we
> should keep it for 12.10 and improve it

Yup :) so do we. Polishing it and continue working on a monochromed
LxPanel will definitely be on our to-do list. We might need some help
with patching some applications however (like Sylpheed & Xpad), as we
can't customize their icons in their current state. There were also
some icon changes to LxPanel that didn't go through due to technical
reasons. I believe Julien mentioned that we'd have to "solve" that by
patching as well.

> 2 - We need some Ui redesign in common tools.

As Rafael said, I'm working on interface guidelines for Lubuntu. The
goal is to keep it simple and elegant, but without losing
functionality, especially on low resolution monitors and other old
hardware. I doubt we'll see Lubuntu running full GTK3 in the near
future however. So the good news is that we have time to think about
it :P. I'll publish what I've come up with so far, it's not much, but
it's a start. It should cover all the basic UI elements.