Fwd: Permanently deleting files at once

Ioannis Vranos ioannis.vranos at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 16:24:17 UTC 2012

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 7:13 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just came back home from a trip but I must reply this before anything else
> :)
>
> IMHO, what must be on the Wiki, one the first page, is that both Lubuntu and
> Ubuntu are sharing the same system core (base) and same repositories and the
> difference between Lubuntu and Ubuntu will be:
> a- Different Desktop Manager/Environment
> b- The default Applications
>
> Other than that, they are the same. What makes Lubuntu not Ubuntu is the
> Desktop Environment, that is where the "L" came from :)
> Also, what makes Lubuntu lightweight and not heavyweight is that same DE
> which is called LXDE.
>
> I know what you mean, you wished to read that under the name of Lubuntu but
> again, both belong to the same family :)
>
> Please let us know if you still in doubt of the above :)

I do not doubt the above.

However, "permanent delete" is one of Nautilus options, in Ubuntu. So
I did not have to search for the 2 keyboard button shortcut, Shift-Del
in Ubuntu.

In Xubuntu, keeping pressed the Shift key, and selecting "Delete" from
the right-click menu, does a permanent delete.

So I did not have to search for the 2 keyboard button shortcut,
Shift-Del in Xubuntu too.

In Lubuntu however, none of the above is available. Only the 2
keyboard button combination works. So I think it must be mentioned
somewhere.

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://cppsoftware.binhoster.com