Fwd: Join Ubuntu 12.04 Beta 2 Laptop Testing

Phill Whiteside PhillW at Ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 29 23:02:32 UTC 2012

Hi,

yes, I know... just what we don't need .... more testing!

But, if like me the machine you use IS a laptop, it's not too much more
work :)

As always, thanks for testing!

Regards,

Phill.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sergio Zanchetta <primes2h at ubuntu.com>
Date: 29 March 2012 23:45
Subject: Join Ubuntu 12.04 Beta 2 Laptop Testing
To: ubuntu-qa at lists.ubuntu.com, ubuntu-laptop-testing at lists.launchpad.net

Hi all!

Precise Beta 2 is out now and we ask everyone on the QA team to
participate in the laptop testing.

The procedures for testing your laptop and reporting results are
explained on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/Laptop/Procedures

We'll use the new version the Laptop tracker [1] to test this milestone.
If you find any bug with this version, you can report them on
launchpad against the project ubuntu-qa-website [2].

You'll only require:
1) a launchpad account in order to authenticate on the new tracker;
2) a laptop profile (preferably from the Ubuntu Friendly website [3])
to put in the Hardware Profile field of each test you perform.

if you find any bug with the release, report them on Launchpad and
link them on the tracker as usual.

Please let us know if you have any questions, we will coordinate
testing in #ubuntu-testing on freenode.

Thank you very much for your help and happy testing!

[1] http://laptop.qa.ubuntu.com/
[2] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-qa-website
[3] http://friendly.ubuntu.com

--