WOW Lubuntu!

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 12:08:31 UTC 2012

Hi,

https://www.facebook.com/WOWLubuntu/info

As you can read on the info/about section and also on the forwarded email
dated 3 months ago, this project or page is to promote and advertise about
Lubuntu.

May I give some history or untold story about this project? when I first
thought about something to promote Lubuntu and how we should reach to more
users, I decided to contact OMG Ubuntu guys and talk to them. OMG Ubuntu
write about Lubuntu every now and then and once, they mentioned Lubuntu One
Stop Thread [http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/11/five-handy-lubuntu-tips/]
and it was a surprise to me because I didn't ask them to do that, they did
it all by themselves.
I did contact them but they didn't get back to me. Right after that, I
thought why do I have to contact someone? why not do something similar that
is Lubuntu Specific ONLY? why not having our own page, group, whatever to
publish Tips and News about Lubuntu? here came the idea of WOW Lubuntu.
Didn't want to use the same "OMG" so I didn't honestly find better than
"WOW".

I'm the one who created it but I no longer want to be the ONLY ONE behind
it. This project should be maintained and be under one of Lubuntu
Communication Team's Tasks.

It is NOT hard, it is very simple. What we need to do is: Publish whatever
new and whatever is going on which is suitable to publish and
helpful/useful for users to learn and know about. It's not a rocket since,
it's marketing/communication easy task.

I don't mind to do that myself but my point us, ALL of us must help each
other and work as a team. This is why I'm sending this Email because I HATE
TO WORK ALONE, I want to work with a TEAM.

So, whoever support this project, please reply with *+1*
If you don't, reply with *-1*
If you are confused and don't really know what to say, reply with *0*

As always, thank you for your time!

P.S.
I wasn't ignoring or forgetting about it just in case you see no activities
on that page but I had lots of issues (Real Life) that kept me away from
it, that is all :)