Autologin feature enabled 12.04

Chris cyber.druif at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 23:55:32 UTC 2012

Aloha Horatio,

Excuse us for the (very) late response. It's not out habit to linger with
our reply for this long (usually within hours are the first replies). But
to get back on your question: the new login manager (better put Display
Manager) in Precise is called LightDM, which also has the capability to
auto login. However the documentation on that seems to be very lacking and
in our latest IRC meeting we've come to the conclusion that we'll have to
step in "upstream" and get that sorted.

Once the documentation on LightDM is adequate I'll inform the mailing-list
and request that people will read it andinform the wiki-team of what
features aren't documented so that can be addressed.

If you are talking about the "old" display manager LXDM, then please inform
us what kind of errors you are getting when using the old instructions so
we might update the documentation for it to work again.

Sorry for the long email but I hope it clarifies things.

With metta, Chris