lubuntu and newrez in netbook screen

WANG, Xiaoyun arsnova at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 13:07:35 UTC 2012

Hi, all,

I just realized that lubuntu maillist has a new address, so here is my
question to the new list.

I was desperate to increase the screen resolution of my netbook(1024*600)
so I gave newrez a try under lubuntu. I ran the script newrez and increased
the resolution to 1280*750. The screen display seemed ok though a bit
blurry, but my mouse was still confined in the original 1024*600 area so it
could not reach the increased part of the screen, which made the increase
of resolution useless.

Have you used newrez under lubuntu and did you encountered the same issue?
Is there a workaround for this problem. I think newrez is a great
enhancement for lubuntu in netbook as long as it can work. Thanks in
advance.

--
WANG, Xiaoyun
Shanghai, China