[Lubuntu-qa] Grey on Black Bug.

Paul Gorski paul at gorski.info
Thu Mar 1 07:55:45 UTC 2012

Hello fellow testers,

Regarding Lubuntu PowerPC precise-desktop 20120301 -

- Macintosh eMac G4 800 MHz (ATI graphics) - Install failed.
Installer starts, installer screens dark, text nearly impossible to read. Changing look and feel to Clearlooks and changing foreground color allows text to be visible. However, installer stops at Keyboard layout.

- Macintosh iMac G3 400 MHz (ATI graphics) - Install failed.
CD boots to command prompt.  (live video=ofonly doesn't help)

- Macintosh iBook G4 800 MHz (ATI graphics) - Installs and runs successfully.
Installs, but installer screens dark, text hard, but not impossible to read.  Changing look and feel to Clearlooks and changing foreground color allows text to be visible.

Regarding Lubuntu PowerPC precise-alternate 20120301 -

- Macintosh eMac G4 800 MHz (ATI graphics) - Installs and runs successfully.
Note: installer screen was red, with blue highlights (thought it was the other way around).
Note: text "Lubuntu 12.04" is not centered on screen when booting, positioned off-center, upper left quadrant of screen.

- Macintosh iMac G3 400 MHz (ATI graphics) - Install failed.
Installs, but boots to command prompt following install. Entering startx returns: fglrx error, module not found, Framebuffer error.

Sincerely,
Paul Gorski