Problem with upgrade of Lubuntu 11.10 to 12.04

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Mon Jun 25 02:35:02 UTC 2012

On 06/24/2012 04:04 PM, Phill Whiteside wrote:

> On 24 June 2012 23:52, Aere Greenway <Aere at dvorak-keyboards.com> wrote:

>> I just upgraded what used to be my primary Lubuntu partition from
>> 11.10 to 12.04, and encountered no problems similar to what I ran
>> into with qjackctl being marked obsolete.

> I'm glad it has been resolved. But, for future reference... if you
> are offered a 'partial update' [1], don't do it! You can land, as you
> did, in the land of 'odd things happening'. The rule is as relevant
> now as it was when they guys wrote that information. As to why that
> happened in your case, I wish I had an easy answer. Maybe one of the
> devs can look into it.

Unfortunately, without "steps to reproduce", that could be a lot of time
for minimal benefit.  At this point the machine concerned no longer has
the issue, and we have no other systems with the same problem, so we're
pretty much stuck until someone can work out how to make the issue
happen again.

Jonathan