Ubiquity and lowish RAM machines (was: Re: downlaod page )

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Mon Jun 25 02:25:22 UTC 2012

Can we please all try to keep the Subject: header matching the content
of messages we send to the list?

On 06/24/2012 12:38 PM, Karl Anliot wrote:

> I've locked up Ubiquity in 512MB, without running the livecd.  That's
> without multitasking, just running 'install lubuntu' :(

If you can do this reliably, I'd suggest filing a bug report against
ubiquity, so we can see what if anything can be done to address it.  If
you do file a bug, be sure to include full clear step by step
instructions on how to reproduce the issue.

Using the 20120622 Lubuntu i386 desktop image, I am so far unable to
reproduce this in a 512MB VirtualBox VM (with a 7MB video RAM setting).
 It consistently works fine for me running the install directly from the
boot menu (Install Lubuntu).

Thanks,

Jonathan